What is WPS in JioFi: Do you have a JioFi device? Don’t you know about the WPS feature in JioFi? If yes, then this post is for you. Here, we are going to explain what is WPS in JioFi, how to connect smartphones and laptops with JioFi using the WPS option, and how to disable the WPS feature in JioFi.The expansion of WPS is Wi-Fi Protected Setup, which is a wireless network security standard that lets you create connections between a router like JioFi and wireless devices such as smartphones or tablets. You don’t need to know or enter the password when you connect your device to Wi-Fi by using WPS. So anyone can access your network easily.
|What is WPS in JioFi|
Because of this reason, WPS may be very insecure and can be used by hackers. You can this method to connect any devices with your Wi-Fi router if you don’t want to share your password with others. It means if your friend wants to connect with your JioFi, but you do not want to share the password with him, you can easily connect with your JioFi router by pressing JioFi’s WPS button without sharing your password.
Also Check: jiofi local HTML login
Advantages of using WPS feature in JioFi:
- You don’t need to share your JioFi password with anyone.
- It allows you to easily and quickly connect with a Wi-Fi network.
- It uses the automatic configuration and access point WPA security key and the SSID for the client device.
Disadvantages of using WPS feature in JioFi:
- The device which you want to connect with JioFi using WPS must be compatible with WPS. Or else you can’t establish the connection.
- It can be hacked easily.
How to connect your smartphone with JioFi using WPS:
Step 1: On your smartphone or tablet, open settings and go to Wi-Fi settings. Before that, you need to turn on Wi-Fi.
Step 2: Then, you have to choose the ‘Additional Settings’ option which is under the Wi-Fi settings option.
Step 3: To activate the WPS function on your device, you need to click on ‘Connect WPS’ from the list of available options.
Step 4: And then, you have to simultaneously activate WPS on your JioFi. You need to press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds JioFi router to activate WPS on JioFi.
However, when sharing your router publicly, anyone within your JioFi’s Wi-Fi range can connect to your network and it may cause damage.
Also Check: Jio Cinema For PC
How to connect laptop or computer with JioFi using WPS:
If you want to connect your laptop or computer with JioFi using WPS, you need to enable WPS setting on your Laptop / Computer. To enable WPS setting
How to disable WPS in JioFi:
If your WPS button is enabled, anyone can connect to your JioFi without a password, so it becomes dangerous for you if hackers attacked your JioFi.To avoid such risk, you need to disable WPS in the JioFi device. To do so, you just have to follow some simple steps as given below.
Step 1: First of all, you need to log in to JioFi administrative website. Type http://jiofi.local.html/ on the address bar of your default browser or simply type 192.168.1.1 on google search. Remember that you should open this site on your device to which you have connected with your JioFi device.
Step 2: Once the website was loaded, you will see the login option at the top side of the screen and you need just click on it. As you have already connected your device with your JioFi, it will automatically log you into the website. If you are logged in to the website automatically, then skip the next step and directly go to step 4.
Step 3: If the login was not automatically done, you need to enter your user name and password at the next screen. If you are facing any issue or error while login, then try to enter the username as administrator and also password as administrator.
Step 4: Once you have logged into the JioFi administrative device, go to the ‘Settings’ option and then click on the WPS option.
Step 5: Next, you will see the two options that are Enable WPS and Disable WPS option. Now, you need to click on the ‘Disable’ option and then click on ‘Apply’.
|Login User Name And Password|
Step 6: Once click on the apply option, your JioFi router will get turned off for few seconds, and then it will get turned on. Now, the WPS option will be turned off.
|WPS Enabled And Disabled|
Step 7: Now even if you try to connect with WPS it will not work. To enable the WPS feature again, you need to go back to the website and follow the same steps or you need to completely reset your JioFi and then only anyone can enable WPS in JioFi.
Question And Answer Section:
What is the WPS button in Jio Fi:
- What is the work of the WPS button in JioFi? WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup and It is used to connect the devices to the wifi (Jiofi) router without any password.
Should WPS be on or off:
- Wi-FI Protected Setup (WPS) is Insecure: Here's Why You Should Disable It. WPA2 with a strong password is secure as long as you disable WPS. Your router probably supports WPS and it's likely enabled by default. Like UPnP, this is an insecure feature that makes your wireless network more vulnerable to attack
What is the WPS push button:
- Using the WPS (Push Button) feature to connect to a wireless network.Wi-Fi® Protected Setup (WPS) is a built-in feature of many routers that make it easier to connect Wi-Fi-enabled devices to a secure wireless network.
These are all you need to know about WPS in JioFi. Here, we have given all important information like what is WPS in JioFi, how to connect and disable the WPS option in JioFi. I hope you like this post.
- how to switch off WPS in jiofi
- what is WPS in jiofi in Hindi
- WPS button on jio Giga fiber router
- jiofi WPS pin
- what is WPS enable in jio fiber
- how to connect jio wps to computer
- jio wps price
- jio Giga fiber WPS button